The Ohngrens Established 2005

The Ohngrens Established 2005

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Have I done any good today?

It is a funny thing when for some reason in one lesson and meeting someone for the first time, they teach you something that you needed to hear and learn from. I don't know about you, but that happens to me quite frequently. Today I went visiting teaching in my ward for the first time with a gal I had never met. She offered to do the lesson and I brought some goodies. The topic we were supposed to discuss was our choice from any conference talk, and she chose Have I done any good Today from Thomas S. Monson. Basically it was saying that you need to consume yourself in helping others and giving to others without complaint. If you did not hear it or read I suggest you do because it is very powerful.
My problem lately and why this message was so powerful to me was because lately I have found myself being very selfish with the time I have with my husband. I love him so much that I don't really like it when he does things for other people because he does so often, because he is a good person with a big heart. He is always so giving and he enjoys helping others and doing things for them that need to be done. I find myself very irritated with him for this because I want ME time and FAMILY time. I realized today that I need to have a bigger heart like Steve does and start doing my own services and giving of myself freely. There are so many that need help and so many that I can do something good for, but I have not been looking for it. so basically I am going to try to do something good for others... Now ask yourself...

HAVE YOU DONE ANY GOOD TODAY? and APPLY it in your life:)

No comments: