The Ohngrens Established 2005

The Ohngrens Established 2005

Thursday, September 17, 2009

The battle with sleep!

OK, so just so we are on the same page, Brynlee is 9 months old, and for some time she has not been sleeping AT ALL at night. She usually is up every hour, sometimes lets it go 2 hrs between waking up, but mainly every hour. She has been doing this for several months... Can you see how I might be frustrated? WELL last night I decided I had to be done with it because I was getting really short with the girls and had absolutely no patience whatsoever. I felt horrible about it, but I decided that I was going to have to let her cry it out like i had been told to by Doctor's. SO Night one was a little rough... We didn't get home from Eagle Mountain until 10:30 pm so it was already 2 hours past when they normally go down. Kara was fast asleep in the back seat as well as Brynlee So i was hopeful she would just stay asleep, but no such luck. We got Kara situated into our room on the floor and then I got Brynlee ready for bed. She had her normal bedtime bottle which calms her down and then I told her how much I loved her and gave her lots of hugs and kisses. Then like I always do (i sing to the girls at night) I sang Brynlee Twinkle Twinkle little star, Rock a by baby, and I am a child of God. She was calm while I was singing and then the second I went to leave she started to cry but I knew I needed to just walk out. So I waited for a while and when she was still going at it we went in and realized that for the first time she had pulled herself up on the side rail of the crib and was just standing there, and I don't think she knows how to sit back down after standing up LOL, I did not want her to fall down so I laid her back down and put her Binky back in and she closed her eyes, but the second my hand left her and she could not see me anymore she started crying again, but again I left. She went at it until 12 midnight and finally went to sleep... What a relief! I finally was able to get a full nights rest UNTIL about 4 in the morning I woke up to the sound of breathing on my face and i could feel the stare of lttle eyes on me. Kara had climbed into our bed and was just sitting there staring at me and breathing on my cheek. The nerd. So I told her to go to sleep, which she didn't do right away but several minutes later... All in all though I did get more sleep than I have had in months. Good feeling. I felt horrible but it is going to be better for us all in the long run I think.

1 comment:

Missy Mauch said...

I totally understand how that goes! I had to do that with Maddie and Alyssa both. It's hard, but they need to learn!